China Engineering Synergy Group is a CNC machining company, we are your Partner in CNC machining Manufacturing. With more than 18 years of experience in the industry, we are your ideal partner for CNC machining of your part production. Our creative team of engineers takes care of every detail to make sure you get the highest quality parts at low cost.
Till now, we has handled hundreds of sourcing and custom manufacturing projects for client. We focus on execution and quality assurance, and are always customer-centered, process driven, and enthusiastic about China Metal Manufacturing. We pride ourselves for bringing our customers experience, China know-how, and world-class manufacturing quality.
It all starts with filling out our Request for Quote form. We take every step possible to ensure the lowest price with the highest quality. You’ll receive your quote quickly, allowing you to make the most of your time.
What is CNC Machining?
CNC Machining is a manufacturing process used to produce products, parts, and designs by removing layers from a workpiece. There are several types of machining that include the use of a power driven set of machining tools to chip, cut, and grind to alter a workpiece to meet specific requirements. Metal fasteners, costume jewelry, toys, and hand tools are all formed using the machining process. There are times when a finished part needs a touch up to meet quality standards or manufacturing requirements. In those instances, it may need to be machined to give it the proper appearance.
Types of CNC Machining Operations
Once your understanding of the CNC machining process is complete, you may proceed to what exactly you can do with workpieces. Machining operations and CNC centers’ ways of working are numerous. The most popular of them are the following:
- Milling. A rotary cutting tool comes into contact with a material, removing tiny chips from it. Subtypes are end milling, chamfer milling, face milling, boring, tapping, etc.
- Turning. A cylindrical workpiece is being rotated while a fixed cutting tool removes material from it. It is a working principle of CNC turning centers and lathes.
- Routing. A rotary cutting tool removes pieces of material from a workpiece’s surface. It is similar to the milling process performed over softer materials only.
- Drilling. Cutting a hole into a workpiece by using a rotary drill bit.
- Grinding. Removing minor amounts of materials from a workpiece’s surface by using an abrasive wheel.
- Sawing. Cutting a workpiece into parts with a blade.
- Polishing and Brushing. Giving a workpiece a smooth finish by using abrasives.